1:1 SEN Learning Support AssistantTemporary
PK Education are recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work within a School supporting children with Special Educational Needs.
This role is to start in the Rotherham area after the Easter break and will be part time, on a temporary basis. You will need to be enthusiastic and ambitious to be considered for this position. It would be desirable if you had experience in a similar role, or a Teaching Assistant in a mainstream school and have a passion for working and helping SEND students. The students that attend this school have a variety of Mild Learning Difficulties, Autism, Communication Difficulties leading to behaviour that may challenge. You will need to have a calm nature, as you may be working 1:1 with a student who needs some extra support. Some of these students have challenging behaviour so it would also be desirable if you have good behaviour management and are confident dealing with behaviour.
To be considered for this role you must –
- Have experience working as a Teaching Assistant, preferably with students that have Special Educational Needs
- Have a passion for supporting SEND children
- Be able to quickly build rapport with both students and the other members of staff
- Team Teach trained would be desirable
- Full Clean Driving license would be desirable
- Be able to provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn
- You must have an up-to-date DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new one through PK Education
PK Education offer all support staff:
• Fair rates of pay between £60-£75 per day which are fully AWR compliant
• A personal consultant who will work tirelessly to find you the work you want
• Support with CV’s and interview advice
• Caring and supportive service which will exceed your expectations of supply teaching agencies
Please send your CV now if this is the perfect job for you! If you would like to see other roles that we currently have available over South Yorkshire please visit the PK Education Website.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.