Arabic Speaking HLTA
PK Education are seeking a HLTA that can speak Arabic to work in a ethnic school in Sheffield.
We’re seeking a dedicated and inspirational Higher-Level Teaching Assistant that can work part-time from September.
It is an occupational requirement that the post holder can speak Arabic in order to support Arabic speaking students for whom English is not their first language.
The HLTA would:
- Work with the head of languages to deliver the Arabic Examination course to 14-16-year olds
- Plan, teach and assess GCSE Arabic
- Educate 11-16-year olds in Arabic Culture and experiences
- Monitor behaviour of the classroom
- Ensure students are on task and their progress is monitored
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have previous experience working in a school.
- Have excellent SEN Knowledge
- Have HLTA Qualification
- Use positive and effective behaviour management strategies
- Be able to plan suitable stimulating lessons
- Have Good curriculum knowledge.
- Are fluent in Arabic
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have their own mode of transport (desirable but not essential)
The schools is on the outskirts of the city, and is an oversubscribed 11-16 schools providing for an ethnically diverse student population in a state-of-the-art learning environment. The school are committed to developing key skills and values for life so that their pupils, are able to reach their full potential. The school strongly promote courtesy, tolerance, mutual respect, hard work, commitment and kindness.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.