ASD Teacher – NewcastleTemporary
We are urgently looking for a suitably qualified Teacher to work 3 days a week in the 6th Form of one of our partnership schools in Newcastle.
The school is specifically set up to cater for the needs of students with ASD.
As a SEND Supply Teacher working for PK Education you will be required to deliver lessons across a bespoke curriculum, tailoring it to the needs of SEND students.
- Leading classroom sessions, often with the support of SEND Teaching Assistant(s) You must be able to direct and motivate support staff effectively
- Supervise students in lessons whilst delivering the curriculum effectively .
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and being up to date with techniques to support good behaviour
- Be familiar with the school’s policies and procedures and deal with any immediate problems.
- Working as part of a wider team in school, communicating and reporting where required
We ask the following of you …..
In order to be successful as an SEND Supply Teacher, you should have finished your studies and hold full QTS. You should be motivated, pro-active and caring.
You must hold a UK recognised qualification and have recent experience working with pupils with ASD. You should have a good knowledge of the current curriculum and a passion for helping children to achieve their full potential.
You must be willing to undertake our standard vetting procedures and hold either a DBS on the update service, or be willing to complete an application.
You must be flexible and reliable.
Applications are welcommed from NQT’s with a genuine passion for SEND.
We especially welcome applications from those who hold Team Teach or equivalent.
A genuine variety of work and a great track record in securing work for our candidates
The support of a dedicated team of consultants with regular contact and events
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.