Behaviour Support AssistantTemporary
I am currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants that are experienced working with students that have challenging behaviour. This school in Sheffield caters for students that have been excluded from Mainstream Education or are about to be excluded due to behavioural issues. These students can be very challenging and disruptive in the classroom so you must be confident around the children and be able to use your initiative and get stuck in and help out. Some of these children have Social, Emotional Mental Health needs, Autism and ADHD which can lead to them having very complex behaviour.
It would be desirable if you have worked within a Pupil Referral Unit or Alternative Provision before and have an understanding about working with challenging behaviour. If you have worked within a similar role or within an Inclusion Centre in Mainstream School this would also be sufficient.
This school needs Teaching Assistants that have great behaviour management and ideally extra training such as Team Teach training.
To be considered for this role you must –
- Have experience working with children with very challenging behaviour
- Have experience working within a PRU, Alternative Provision, Inclusion Centre or similar
- Be Team Teach trained (desirable but not essential)
- Be confident and be able to use your initiative to help out
- Be able to quickly create rapport with the students and other staff
PK Education offer all support staff:
- A personal consultant who will work tirelessly to find you the work you want
- Support with CV’s and interview advice
- Caring and supportive service which will exceed your expectations of supply teaching agencies
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements above, please apply today. PK Education are one of the most established teaching agencies, and schools trust us to recommend high quality staffing solutions. We have many long term supply teaching jobs and permanent roles, or perhaps you would prefer part time, short term or day to day work. If you would like to hear about other South Yorkshire teaching jobs, please visit our website.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.