Behaviour Teaching AssistantTemporary
We are looking for a part time SEN support assistant or Behaviour Teaching Assistant who can provide 1:1 support to children that have challenging behaviour and SEMH in Secondary Schools.
The ideal Teaching Assistant must be strong, adaptable, empathetic and friendly whilst remaining calm under pressure when supporting each child with their individual needs and challenging behaviors, often on a 1.1 basis. Therefore, a consistent and understanding manner is imperative, with the ability to quickly build a rapport with students and demonstrate communication skills.
You will be able to engage children that have become disengaged from Education and encourage and offer them support and guidance. You will work as part of a dedicated and committed team that have a child-centred approach to learning in all they do. This can work around your personal circumstances, for example alongside your studies, another job or on a full-time basis.
- Experience of working with children and young people
- An interest in supporting pupils to overcome barriers to learning
- An ability to effectively and positively manage challenging behaviour
- Professional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good general standard of education (GCSE Grade C in English and Maths) and IT proficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High expectations of students’ behaviour and clear strategies for working with challenging students.
- Ability to motivate and encourage children appropriately.
- Working independently, supported by the teacher, with groups of or individual students.
- Ability to work with challenging students, understand their needs and demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies as and when required.
- Experience of teaching children with EAL, SEN, speech and languages difficulties or other complex needs.
- Able to establish and maintain good relationships and rapport with internal colleagues and external contacts (e.g. parents, education phycologists).
Please apply now if you’d like more information or you’d like to be considered for this role.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.