Cover Supervisors RequiredTemporary
PK Education are recruiting! Are you a passionate and dedicated Cover Supervisor looking for a new opportunities in Derbyshire?
This is a great opportunity for Graduates with a subject specialism looking to pursue a career in education. Does this sound like you?
It is also a fantastic opportunity for Teaching Assistants wanting to make a step towards a teaching career, or people with experience dealing with children ages 11-16 in an educational setting.
PK Education are working alongside a number of Secondary schools in the Chesterfield, Derbyshire and South Sheffield area. These schools are getting busier and will require Cover Supervisors on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the school.
In this role you will be providing cover for staff that are absent across the school. You will need to:
• Be confident across subject areas and have the ability to adapt to varying situations – work will be set, and the successful candidate will instruct students effectively and ensure learning is actively taking place.
• Have excellent behaviour management strategies in place which can be utilised effectively.
• Be a collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead the students through all subject areas of the lessons you are covering.
The ideal candidate will be an imaginative and inspiring Cover Supervisor, with a willingness to engage and motivate students in their learning. PK Education is looking for somone confident that can deliver lessons across all Key Stages, with the ability to build rapport with students and staff and strong knowledge on behaviour management strategies.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team, who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
• Hold a qualification at degree level, or equivalent, and have minimum qualifications of 5 GCSE passes at C Grade or above, including Maths and English.
• Have at least 6 months experience working with 11-16-year-old students in an educational setting that can be referenced
• Have a positive attitude and desire to work in education
• Have confidence managing behaviour within a classroom setting
• Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
• Have a CV with 10 years employment history included and any employment breaks must be explained
• Have the legal right to work in the UK
To apply for this position of Cover Supervisor, click ‘apply now.’ Or to hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at PK Education, please call our Sheffield office on 0114 272 2212.
What to do if this role isn’t for you: PK Education are one of the most established teaching agencies, and schools trust us to recommend high quality staffing solutions. We have many long term supply teaching jobs and permanent roles, or perhaps you would prefer part time, short term or day to day work. If you would like to hear about other South Yorkshire teaching jobs, please send your CV.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.