EAL Teaching AssistantTemporary
Are you a bi-lingual teaching assistant who has a real passion for helping students?
Have you had experience helping students who English is their second language?
PK Education are working closely with a school in Sheffield that are seeking a Teaching Assistant with EAL Experience.
This role is full time starting from September, with the opportunity to become permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will support the young people in the school with EAL and additional needs in the classroom and by running targeted groups and assisting the class teacher where required.
As an EAL Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Work alongside a talented and supportive department
- Use varied and exciting techniques
- Supporting a class teacher working with students on a 1 to 1 and group basis
- Develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- Monitor student progress
- Support pupils with a range of academic ability and variety of first languages
- Lead 1:1 / small group intervention sessions
- Fantastic inclusion department with experienced and supportive staff
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
- Offer extra-curricular activities if/when required
In order to be considered for this role, you must:
- Be able to work a full school day, 8am until 3:15pm (5 days a week)
- Have experience in EAL with Secondary age students
- Speak/Understand Slovakian (desired but not essential)
- Be able to build strong rapport with both students and staff
- Have the relevant compliance information (CV, x2 References, and personal documents)
- Have a strong academic background
- Be passionate about education
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply now or contact Emily at PK Education on 0114 272 2212 or go to our website!
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.