Gainsborough SEND Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant with Special Needs Experience required – Gainsborough £60 – £70 per day
Are you a confident and passionate individual who will excel supporting young people who have special needs?
This is an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant with Special Needs Experience or for those wanting to progress their career, build experience and support pupils onto a positive outcome. The School I’m supporting will need Teaching Assistants who can ‘hit the ground running’ and who are familiar with how a SEND School operates. Knowledge of P levels, Autism and severe learning disabilities would be beneficial.
CANDIATE RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
Teaching Assistant with Special Needs Experienceresponsibilities and duties
Team Teach and Moving and Handling would be favourable to these positions.
This Teaching Assistant with Special Needs Experience position will be to support the teacher and pupils across varied classrooms and Key Stages. You will be required to support on a 1:1 basis with pupils who have complex behaviours, have speech and language needs and physical disabilities. Furthermore you will assist whole classroom groups with basic literacy and numeracy as well as taking part in play therapy and off site learning.
This Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School takes an inclusive approach with it’s students encouraging them to achieve their potential by following their dreams and find positivity in the world around them. Staff are focused on working together to bring the diverse curriculum to life.
Teaching Assistants and support workers of all abilities will be considered for the position.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant with Special Needs Experience role you should have:
- Relevant experience within the Special Needs sector or with young people who have SEND
- The ability to quickly build positive relationships with both staff and students.
- Teaching Assistant experience or similar.
5.CANDIATE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Teaching Assistant with Special Needs Experience Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay from between £60 to £70 per day (AWR Compliant).
- 24/7 support and feedback from a dedicated SEND consultant who will work on your behalf.
- Exposure and networking opportunities to associated schools.
- Claim up to £150 worth of vouchers with each referral of a teacher or NQT and £75 for a Teaching Assistant.
- At least 2 References to cover 12 months requested prior to registration.
- A Fully comprehensive CV dating back 10 years or back to secondary education with all gaps in employment or study detailed.
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – if you do not have a DBS registered online PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
HOW TO APPLY- NEXT STEPS
If you would like to find out more information about this Teaching Assistant with Special Needs Experience role, please apply direct with your cv below or contact Liz Furniss on 0114 272 2212 at the local Sheffield office on 0114 272 2212 for more information.
PK Education is a well-established supply teaching agency with an ever growing client database. We have highly experienced and skilled consultants that can help you find the supply work that suits you. Your peace of mind is paramount to our practice and by using PK education you can be confident in the knowledge that we are working hard to find you the placement that YOU want. PK Education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy always.
If you are a primary teacher, secondary teacher, SEN teacher, newly qualified teacher (NQT), cover supervisor or teaching assistant looking for day to day supply work, or contract work then please contact the local office on 0114 272 2212.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.