Fill out the form and we will get back to you ASAP. All fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
Please enter your personal details
Choose your school sector or sectors
Please fill in all personal details.
Please select a school sector.
Format of your cv is not allowed. We only allow .doc, .docx, .pdf, .jpg, .odt, .png, .ppt, .rtf, .txt formats.
File size exceed file size limit.
Please accept the terms and conditions.
We update our jobs every day, so keep checking back for the latest roles.
We are recruiting on behalf of a Multi Academy trust in the North East . The trust caters for a range of pupils with behavioural needs.
We require a suitably qualified, motivated and enthusiastic Outdoor Education tutor who has experience with pupils from KS2 – KS4 . You will be joining a fantastic team in a Trust that has been OFsted graded “Good”
The ideal candidate will have the drive and skills to develop Outdoor Education across the MAT . You will posses the ability to build rapport with a range of young people and will deliver Outdoor Education with passion and have a real drive to improve educational outcomes
The post is term time only – 5 Days per week
You will be based in the West of Newcastle but flexibility across the MAT will be expected.
Main Duties: The following is typical of the duties the postholder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
1. Curriculum Support:
– To support teaching staff to deliver a range of courses at Key Stage 3&4.
– To support teachers in evaluating students’ progress through a range of monitoring and assessment activities.
– To help students progress in the curriculum areas within an agreed system of supervision, to plan challenging teaching/learning objectives and deliver learning activities to students making adjustments according to student responses/needs as appropriate.
– To communicate effectively and sensitively with students to support their learning.
– To follow Health and Safety statutory and local notices.
– To help students make progress in a range of settings, including working with individuals, small groups and whole classes where the assigned teacher is not present.
– Displaying student work.
– To contribute to identifying and to undertake appropriate out of classroom learning activities which consolidate and extend work carried out in class.
– Moderation of coursework.
2. Coordinating the Outdoor Education and Learning Outside of the Classroom programme:
– Develop within the Academy a structured outdoor activities programme with appropriate challenge and progression, to include all members of the Academy.
– Develop more local opportunities for adventure activities.
– Plan and prepare activities to suit the needs, abilities and experience of each group
– Advise on and demonstrate activities.
– Instructing on your specialist area.
– Explain safety procedures to students and staff.
– Organise transport arrangements for all trips and activities. Where required drive motor vehicles for the school in relation to outdoor education activities.
– Making appropriate arrangements for dealing with emergencies
Finance: – Manage the Outdoor Education budget for both programme activities and equipment
– Arranging administration of any student charges and collection
– Purchasing, storage, security and maintenance of equipment and other items.
– Driving a mini bus, transporting students.
– Replacing and refurbishing when needed.
Development: – Developing resources for programme activities where necessary in consultation with teaching staff
– Providing leadership and vision in developing the programme
– Advising staff on activities
Health and Safety: – Responsibility for Health and Safety of activities and equipment in compliance with relevant legislation.
– Responsibility as the Academy Education Visits Coordinator using the EVOLVE system
– Assist others with risk management for adventure activities/ ‘outside the class room’ trips
– Put in place risk management and operational plans for adventure activities
– Checking weather conditions before starting activities, assessing hazards and managing risks of all activities/visits.
– To promote and implement the School’s Equality Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
– To assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and to act in accordance with the Trusts’ policies and procedures.
– The postholder will have responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons she/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with.
– Arrange insurance for all school visits where appropriate.
Apply for this role and we will get back to you ASAP:
UPLOAD CV (Maximum file size 2mb)
What is 7 + 8
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £80 - 120 per day
Date Posted: April 8, 2019
Start Date: 23/04/2019
Closing Date: 06/05/2019
Click here to get more info