Male SEND Teaching AssistantTemporary
Local Coventry PRU’s and Special Schools seeking Male Teaching Assistants to start immediately. We are seeking males to act as role models for the young male pupils in the schools who will thrive academically and socially with male support.
The settings pupils are made up of young people who are disengaged and who cannot be taught in a mainstream setting. Pupils require extra support to manage behaviour, social barriers and raise attainment levels. The curriculum covers core subjects and enrichment classes designed to promote social awareness and confidence in order to achieve a positive outcome.
As a Teaching Assistant in this setting you will be required to support the Teacher on a day to day basis preparing the class and setting tasks for individuals, support pupils emotionally and with behaviour issues, taking part in activities off site, be confident managing conflict and build trusting relationships.
The ideal candidate will have experience in this setting or similar, be confident and assertive working with young people who have barriers to learning, have experience supporting in a 1:1 or small groups, have a good understanding of EBSD.
This post is flexible to begin with however it could develop into a long term or permanent position.
If you would like to be considered for this position or similar throughout Coventry – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Working for PK you will have access to:
- Continual Professional Development courses to refresh and upskill yourself
- A dedicated SEND Consultant, working on your behalf.
- Opportunity to work in a variety of Schools across the region on a long and short term basis to suit your needs.
- A competitive refer a friend scheme.
- Access to candidate competitions and incentives which run throughout the year.
- If you would like to register with PK education for any day to day, short term or long term teaching work
If you would like to register to be considered for any opportunities, long or short term with PK education, please register on our website and submit your CV and details. You will also need:
- A Fully comprehensive CV dating back to secondary education with all gaps in employment or study detailed.
- An Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered with the DBS Update Service, if not a new DBS check can be applied for through PK education (full assistance will be provided)
- Two professional references which cover at least the last 12 months and demonstrate your relevant experience for the role
PK education is a well-established Education recruitment agency with an ever growing client database. We have highly experienced and skilled consultants that can help you find the supply work that suits you. Your peace of mind is paramount to our practice and by using PK education you can be confident in the knowledge that we are working hard to find you the placement that you want.
“Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9”
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.