PMLD Teaching AssistantTemporary
Do you have Moving & Handling training? Are you looking for a new rewarding challenge?!
I am currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants that have experience working with students with Severe Learning Difficulties. I am working alongside a School in Sheffield that cares for students that have Profound and multiple learning disabilities / Severe Learning Difficulties.
Students at this school have various Severe Learning Difficulties, and may not be able to communicate with you, so it would be desirable if you had experience working within this type of setting. You will be working either 1:1 or 2:1 with a student to support them so you must be confident supporting students within this type of setting. You will need to be able to use your own initiative with the children to help the class Teacher. It would be desirable if you were trained in Team Teach and had a Moving and Handling qualification. You will also need to be able to carry out personal care should it be needed.
To be considered for this role –
- Have experience working as a Teaching Assistant within a similar setting
- Be passionate about supporting children with Learning Difficulties
- Team Teach / Moving and Handling trained (desirable)
- Solid therapeutic behaviour management skills
- Be able to carry out personal care
- Have an up to date DBS on the Update Service, or be willing to apply for one through PK Education
PK education can offer you the following benefits:
• Competitive rates of pay of £60 – £75 per day (AWR Compliant)
• Short term and long-term vacancies to your preferences
• Support and feedback from experienced, friendly Consultants
Please send your CV now if this is the perfect job for you! If you would like to see other roles that we currently have available over South Yorkshire please visit the PK Education Website.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.