Primary SEND Support WorkerTemporary
Primary SEND Support Worker
Location: Mainstream Primary School in South Leeds
Contract: Part Time, Temporary Supply
Salary: Between £85 – £95 per day
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities? Mainstream Primary School, located in South Leeds, is seeking a dedicated Primary SEND Support Worker to join their dynamic and inclusive team.
– Provide one-to-one support to primary-aged students with SEND, both in and out of the classroom.
– This role in particular will be supporting a Year 4 pupil with a diagnosis of SEND.
– Work collaboratively with teachers, parents, and external professionals to implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and ensure tailored support for each child.
– Foster a nurturing and inclusive environment that promotes the social and emotional well-being of students with SEND.
– Assist with the development and implementation of strategies to support students’ learning and independence.
– Contribute to the overall positive ethos of the school, promoting a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
– Relevant qualifications in education, childcare, or a related field.
– Proven experience working with primary-aged children with SEND.
– A compassionate and patient approach, with a genuine commitment to supporting the individual needs of each child.
– Strong communication skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, parents, and external professionals.
– Ability to adapt and differentiate support strategies based on the specific needs of each child.
– Knowledge of relevant legislation and best practices in SEND education.
– Additional training or qualifications in Special Educational Needs.
– Experience using assistive technology to support students with SEND.
– Familiarity with the South Leeds community and its diverse population.
– Resilient, patient nature with high expectations for pupil behaviour.
If you are enthusiastic, committed, and have a genuine interest in making a positive impact on the lives of primary pupils with SEND, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience to Chloe by emailing email@example.com.
Or, for an informal discussion about the role or any similar positions we would love to chat! Call the Leeds office on 0113 457 0081.
Not up your street but know someone that could be interested? Refer a friend and receive £100 if they are successful in their application! Recommend a Friend | Temporary Roles | PK Education
PK Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and relevant references will be conducted for the successful candidate.
PK Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.