We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Science to join our supportive Science department. This post will be starting in Sept 2019. The school have created an educational environment where staff and students constantly strive to improve; where teachers sharpen their skills and expand their repertoires to deliver an outstanding learning experience; and where teachers, classroom assistants, mentors, tutors, inclusion support assistants and students operate as a seamless team.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high performing team who are passionately committed to securing the best possible life chances for the young people of Nottingham. You will be delivering engaging Science lessons to students of all abilities in KS3 and KS4.
The successful Science Teacher for this role must have strong subject knowledge and excellent behaviour management skills as well as:
· Studied GCSE Science and a relevant degree
· PGCE and QTS or QTLS
· Enhanced DBS
· Experience of teaching KS3 & KS4 Science
· Excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Science that is infectious
· Ability to tutor students within a small group environment or 1-1
· Be a flexible and confident individual who has a creative approach to teaching
· Ability to communicate clearly & effectively
· Commitment to improving the life-chances of young people
· Organised and well prepared
The school aim to provide students with an inspirational learning experience through which they can develop into confident, resilient young adults, with a drive to do the very best.
If you would like to be considered for this position or similar throughout Nottingham please do not hesitate to apply or get in touch via email email@example.com or phone 01159598301
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.