Secondary Science TeacherTemporary
Secondary Science Teacher required – North Birmingham – £600 – £900 per week
As a passionate teacher, are you able to foster a love of Science amongst young people?
PK Education are recruiting for a Secondary Science Teacher for a school located in North Birmingham. The role will start straight away and it is a full-time position through to the end of the academic year – July 2020. The school require a teacher for both KS3 and KS4 classes and specifically require the ability to deliver both Biology and Phyisics at KS4. The ability to teach at KS5 will also be desirable but not essential. For the right candidate, you will be booked in on a trial basis to see how you get on.
The school require candidates to have extensive curriculum knowledge and experience in a similar role. The school has a strong leadership team in place supporting the improvement of attainment levels.
Essential for the Secondary Science Teacher role:
• Recognised teaching qualification PGCE or equivalent (QTS).
• Experience teaching KS3 & KS4.
• Good classroom and behaviour management.
• Extensive knowledge of the current curriculum.
• Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• You will be required to do all planning, marking and preparation for the classes you are responsible for as well as attending school meetings and parent’s evening.
• Reference details will be requested prior to registration.
• Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service or a current DBS check under our clearance procedures.
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive rates of pay from between £24,000 to £34,500 per annum (AWR Compliant).
• 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
• Claim vouchers with each referral of a teacher or NQT
PK Education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants and shall adhere to such a policy at all times.
If you are interested in the Secondary Science Teacher opportunity or you are looking for other short term or long term teaching jobs in Birmingham and would like to hear more, then please apply directly with your CV or contact your local office for more information.
PK Education is a specialist education agency, recruiting for long term / short term and day to day Birmingham teaching jobs in the West Midlands. We are proudly recognised as one of the leading teaching agencies and we specialise in Secondary School Teaching jobs / Newly Qualified Teacher jobs and Cover Supervisor jobs to name just a few.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.