SEMH Sports CoachTemporary
SEMH Sports Coaches, Wakefield
We are recruiting for a range of School Support roles for one of our SEMH school clients in Wakefield, and would be keen to hear from Sports Coaches.
At PK we feel that previous experience working with children or young people within a sport and coaching environment provides a great background for people who are looking to transfer their coaching skills to gain new experience and employment opportunities in a school environment, supporting the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people.
Successful Applicants will be working with pupils who demonstrate challenging behaviour and who are disengaged with learning. Students attending the school are not able to attend a mainstream setting, often due to permanent exclusion. Our client school caters for primary and secondary age students.
The roles are initially available on a temporary, full time basis and are working term time only, Monday to Friday.
Successful candidates will:
• Be Team Teach trained – desirable for these roles, but not essential as we offer regular CPD
• Possess strong behaviour management skills
• Effectively manage groups of young people
• Ideally have experience of working with young people with SEMH conditions
• Be confident in using a range of de-escalation techniques
PK education can offer you the following benefits:
• Competitive rates of pay of £60 – £75 per day
• Short term and long-term vacancies to your preferences
• Support and feedback from experienced, friendly Consultants
• An attractive ‘recommend a friend’ scheme, for any referrals that you make to PK education
• Support with your CV, wider employment opportunities and interview advice
PK education is committed to safeguarding and we work in line with the Safer Recruitment process. We are also committed to equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants.
If you would like to hear about other SEMH School Support roles in Wakefield please visit our website.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.