SEN Teaching AssistantTemporary
SEND Teaching Assistant
Are you an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant who has worked with 11-16 year olds in mainstream or special education?
This exciting SEND Teaching Assistant vacancy is the perfect opportunity if you are looking for a long term placement, working on a 1:2:1 and a small group basis, in the SEND unit at a Leeds secondary school.
This position is offering a daily rate of £60 – £85 and starts in January 2024.
SEND Teaching Assistant Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Have at least 3 months experience supporting pupils in a SEND setting.
- Be able to de-escalating situations quickly and efficiently in a professional manner, whilst always considering pupils needs.
- Adhere to school policies and procedures.
- Be passionate in working with pupils with special educational needs.
- Not be phased by challenging circumstances and will provide excellent support for the pupil or pupils you are supporting.
- Continuously liaise with the lead teacher and other members of school.
- Experience supporting students with Autism would be beneficial.
SEND Teaching Assistant Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay from between £60 to £85 per day.
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
- Exposure and networking opportunities to associated schools.
- Respected relationships with a range of schools across West Yorkshire.
- An attractive ‘recommend a friend’ scheme, for any referrals that you make to PK Education.
- PK Education will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, References and Enhanced DBS.
- Reference details will be requested prior to registration.
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – if you do not have a DBS registered online, PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
If you’re interested in finding more out about our teaching roles, or other roles we have please feel free to contact us on 0113 457 0081 or email Lee.Waud@pkeducation.co.uk
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.