SEND Educational Assistant
I am currently recruiting for two SEND Educational Teaching Assistants with experience supporting pupils with severe learning difficulties high needs Autism in key stage 2 and key stage 3 for a special school in the East of Huddersfield. This is to start in January 2020, initially for half a term, with potential of becoming a permanent role. Ideally the successful individual will have experience working in a school or similar setting. If you have worked in the care industry with individuals with severe learning difficulties or on the Autistic spectrum disorder, you will no doubt have transferrable skills and are welcome to apply.
For this role, you will:
SEND Teaching assistant or GNVQ level 2 and above in Health and Social care.
Experience supporting individuals on the High needs ASD, SLD and complex needs.
Resilient, hard working with the ability to work well with the class teacher.
Be flexible to support students during lunchtime break.
Team Teach trained is an advantage, but not essential (Team Teach training will be offered).
Must have a keen interest in supporting learners with severe learning difficulties or ASD.
Experience with supporting young people with SEND in a school or similar setting.
PK Education offer all support staff:
• Fair rates of pay between £60-£70 which are fully AWR compliant
• A personal consultant who will work tirelessly to find you the work you want
• Support with CV’s and interview advice
• An excellent refer a friend scheme to earn £150 of vouchers per candidate referred
• Caring and supportive service which will exceed your expectations of supply teaching agencies
- PK education is committed to safeguarding and we work in line with the Safer Recruitment process. We are also committed to equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants.
What to do if this role isn’t for you?
- PK Education work with schools to recommend high quality staffing solutions in recruitment of teachers and support staff. We have many longer-term supply teaching jobs in Huddersfield, Wakefield, Bradford or Leeds based, or perhaps you would prefer part time, short term or day to day work. If you would like to hear about other Leeds, Bradford or Huddersfield teaching jobs please visit our website and get in touch with our SEN Consultant, Tracey Lynch by emailing or applying using the appropriate link.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.