SEND Support WorkerTemporary
SEND Support Workers Required in Coventry
PK Education are looking for incredible, supportive individuals to work as a SEND Support Worker at a number of incredible, primary and secondary schools based in Coventry.
Are you a passionate SEND Support Worker ready for your next adventure providing 1-1 support in an inclusive, nurturing setting?
This exciting and rewarding SEND Support Worker role is the perfect opportunity to join a highly desirable team of staff passionate about working with young pupils. The right individual must hold a relevant qualification, have experience working in primary/secondary education and ideally have experience working with SEND and challenging behaviour.
This great opportunity is to start in January and will be a full-time, long-term role with the potential to take on a permanent contract. There are positions based in Coventry and Nuneaton.
SEND Support Worker responsibilities and duties:
- You will be required to support pupils with SEND within the class setting. You will be expected to support the development and learning of these pupils both academically and socially.
- You will be expected to adhere to the school’s policies and procedures and work alongside the class teacher to help the pupil fulfil the goals and targets set in place for the children.
- You will be resilient in your attitude yet you will take a nurturing approach to the pupils you will be working with.
- You may also be required to fulfil general teaching assistant duties which may include working with small groups of pupils and supporting their teaching and learning.
- Experience working with children who have an EHCP is highly advantageous, needs include: Autism, ADHD and Communication Difficulties.
- Some children in the class are pre-verbal, experience with visual aids such as PECs cards and Makaton is also advantageous.
- Some children may require personal care, confidence and willingness to help with personal care is a requirement.
To be considered for the SEND Support Worker role you should have:
- Experience of working in schools – preferably within a primary or secondary school setting.
- Experience working alongside individuals with SEND, ideally children.
- A patient, dedicated and resilient nature.
- The ability to quickly build strong, positive relationships with staff, students and parents.
- Any SEND training or qualifications are advantageous but not essential, we are mainly looking for someone with relevant experience and the right personality.
- Experience working with children who have limited communication or, are non-verbal is highly advantageous.
SEND Support Worker Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay from between £75 – £95 per day. Working hours are 8.30am-3.30pm.(Paid Weekly)
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
- The opportunity to work at incredible SEND provision and mainstream schools.
- Exposure and networking opportunities to associated schools.
- The opportunity to work in an extremely rewarding role with high job satisfaction.
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – if you do not have a DBS registered online, PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
- Reference details will be requested prior to registration.
If you would like to be considered for one of our SEND Support Worker roles or a similar role please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com or call 0121 631 3466
We pride ourselves on intelligently matching our supply and permanent candidates to schools, ensuring that the opportunities stretch and fulfil career ambitions. This is a promise that we have been delivering since 2005, with our simple, honest approach: offering our candidates highly competitive rates of pay with no hassle.
We are committed to get it right. First time. Our mission is simple. To Inspire Potential. In our team. In our candidates. In every child.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.