Special Needs Teaching AssistantTemporary
Are you a Teaching Assistant with a passion to support pupils who have Special Needs?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
If yes then read on…
We are urgently looking for a motivated SEND Teaching Assistant for part-time / full-time supply cover in Doncaster. Working for this Outstanding School you will be an active member of the team supporting pupils in a whole classroom capacity or on a more personal basis, one to one or in small groups. Pupils who attend the School will have varying special needs for example Autism, Communication Difficulties and global development delay so a person with Special Needs experience would be preferable, but not essential.
Role requirements –
- Be a qualified Teaching Assistant or have experience of working in SEND
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and relationship development skills, and demonstrate a resilient but caring demeanour
- Experience working with SEND pupils on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
- Providing feedback on pupil progress
Additional requirements –
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – full support will be provided if you do not yet have a DBS
- Team Teach trained is an advantage, but not essential
Working for PK you will have access to;
Continual Professional Development courses to refresh and upskill yourself
A dedicated SEND Consultant, working on your behalf.
Opportunity to work in a variety of Schools across the region on a long and short term basis to suit your needs.
If this isn’t exactly the right job for you, but you would like to register to be considered for any opportunities, long or short term with PK education, please register at our website and submit your CV and details. You will also need;
- A Fully comprehensive CV dating back to secondary education with all gaps in employment or study detailed.
- An Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered with the DBS Update Service, if not a new DBS check can be applied for through PK education (full assistance will be provided)
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.