Sports Coach Cover SupervisorTemporary
Are you a Sports Coach seeking work in an educational setting?
Do you have experiencing coaching students of different ages and abilities?
Look no further! PK Education have the perfect role for you.
Cover Supervisor work is great for anyone seeking full time, flexible work, or even part time. Cover Supervisors are required in schools in the absence of a teacher. Their main role is to deliver pre-planned work and ensure students are on task and adhering to the behaviour policies of the school.
Mostly, cover supervisors are asked to cover classroom based subjects – however, we do get schools that require PE cover for the day, which is why we are recruiting for Sports Coach Cover Supervisors. People with experience in sports make great Cover Supervisors and are usually quick to build rapport with students and staff.
Responsibilities of the Cover Supervisor
- Deliver secondary subjects to ages 11-16; (mostly PE with this role, unless you are happy to cover other lessons which would be a huge advantage as it will mean your opportunities are much more)
- Demonstrate strong classroom management and cover teaching using available resources within the classroom.
- Promote and push the students to achieve the expectations set in the absence of the teacher.
- Build strong rapport with students and staff
- Complete any other duties that the Cover Manager or Head of Department asks of you.
To be considered for this position of Cover Supervisor you must have:
- Experience of group management of 10-18 year olds;
- Excellent and proven behaviour management experience;
- Shown commitment to learning and development of pupils;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff and students.
- Recent Sports experience
- Degree in Sports or Physical Education (Desired but not essential)
If you would like to be considered for this role and work with PK Education in a variety of different schools on a day to day, short term, and long term basis – you will need to be flexible.
It may be that PK Education require you at one school on one day, and another the next day, so ability to travel and be open to options and a range of schools from Ofsted Outstanding to Requires Improvement and Special measures is essential.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.