Residential Support Worker
Are you tired of working in a high demanding full-time role but still want to help children and young vulnerable adults?
A dedicated residential support worker is needed in a specialist residential school in Doncaster. You will be supporting adults aged 18 years and over who have learning disabilities, often together with autism and complex needs, including behaviour that may challenge.
You would be giving 1:1 support and helping them live as independently as possible in their residential setting. You will also be involved in activities to keep them entertained, such as day trips to the seaside and visits to the cinema.
These shifts are very ad-hoc, so you will be able to pick either AM/PM/double shifts to work that also work around any other commitments you may have.
AM Shift Mon – Friday 730am -1400
PM Shift Mon – Friday 1400—2200
AM Shift Weekend 0730-1330
PM Shift Weekend 1300-2200
Night Shift 2130-0800
You must have the following:
- Whilst it is desirable, it is not essential to hold a UK driving license.
- Although it is desirable, it is not essential to have any experience within the social care sector, although you must have a desire to support vulnerable individuals.
- You would need to be prepared for some challenging behaviour and be able to de-escalate.
– There is an immediate opening.
– Excellent pay rate
– We offer 24-7 support from our dedicated team of consultants.
– Part-time and full-time positions are available
- Reference details will be requested prior to registration.
- Have your Covid Vaccinations
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – if you do not have a DBS registered online PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this residential support worker role then get in touch with Tia, in our South Yorkshire branch and she will be happy to have a confidential chat with you.
We are committed to get it right. First time.
Our mission is simple. To Inspire Potential. In our team. In our candidates. In every child.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.