Teacher with Autism Experience
Teacher with Autism experience required – South Yorkshire £120 – £180 per day (5 days w week)
PK Education are working with a Special School in South Yorkshire who cater for young people who are on the Autistic spectrum.
The School requires a Teachers with Autism experience for a September start who can teach across curriculum and manage different ability levels within one classroom. The role will require a Teacher who has had experience within a Special Needs setting or similar and can identify triggers, learning styles and contribute to Education Health Care Plans.
Teacher with Autism experience –responsibilities and duties
The right candidate will support young people teaching across curriculum in all subjects, Math’s, English, Science and support in specialised area such as cooking, budgeting and developing social skills.
Due to the nature of the environment the School requires a Teacher who can be empathetic and manages behaviour effectively as some pupils may not have accessed School for long periods or have phobia’s.
The candidate will have drive and determination to ensure that pupils reach their personalised goals and be able to write and contribute to the EHCP’s and annual reviews.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
To be considered for the Teacher with Autism experiencerole you should have:
- Experience teaching pupils with autism
- A good working knowledge of all levels of the national curriculum including P Levels up to kS3
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- The ability to quickly build positive relationships with both staff and students.
- A teaching qualification QTS or QTLS with a SEND qualification or similar.
CANDIATE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Teacher with Autism experience Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay from between £120 to £180 per day (AWR Compliant).
- 24/7 support and feedback from a dedicated SEND consultant who will work on your behalf.
- Exposure and networking opportunities to associated schools.
- Claim up to £150 worth of vouchers with each referral of a teacher or NQT and £75 for a Teaching Assistant.
- At least 2 References to cover 12 months requested prior to registration.
- A Fully comprehensive CV dating back 10 years or back to secondary education with all gaps in employment or study detailed.
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – if you do not have a DBS registered online PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
HOW TO APPLY- NEXT STEPS
If you would like to find out more information about this Teacher with Autism experience role, please apply direct with your cv below or contact Liz Furniss on 0114 272 2212 at the local Sheffield office on 0114 272 2212 for more information.
PK Education is a well-established supply teaching agency with an ever growing client database. We have highly experienced and skilled consultants that can help you find the supply work that suits you. Your peace of mind is paramount to our practice and by using PK education you can be confident in the knowledge that we are working hard to find you the placement that YOU want. PK Education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy always.
If you are a primary teacher, secondary teacher, SEN teacher, newly qualified teacher (NQT), cover supervisor or teaching assistant looking for day to day supply work, or contract work then please contact the local office on 0114 272 2212.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.