Here at PK Education we are looking for an SEND Teacher for a role in Sheffield. This is a full time role that is temporary.
This role will suit a qualified teacher with experience of teaching pupils with Special Educational Needs, ASD, Mild Learning Difficulties and communication difficulties. You will have learners of different abilities in one classroom, so you must be able to cater to all of their needs. You may be needed to provide support using sensory equipment and have a calming nature towards the pupils. The students that attend this school are all Secondary aged and all have varying Specialist Needs. You may also be required to cover in classes for students that have more Severe Learning Difficulties and complex needs, so experience in this would be desirable also.
Qualifications and Skills –
- Experience working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Have the ability to quickly build rapport with both the pupils, parents and other members of staff
- Team Teach trained would be desirable
- Must hold QTS or UK equivalent qualification
- Ability to teach across curriculum subjects at a primary model content
- Ability to keep pupils engaged and on task to complete the work set
- At least 2 References to cover 12 months requested prior to registration.
- A Fully comprehensive CV dating back 10 years or back to secondary education with all gaps in employment or study detailed.
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – if you do not have a DBS registered online PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
Here at PK you will receive 24/7 support and feedback from a dedicated SEND consultant who will work on your behalf. If you would like to find out more information about this role, please apply direct with your CV below. If you are a primary teacher, secondary teacher, SEN teacher, newly qualified teacher (NQT), cover supervisor or teaching assistant looking for day to day supply work, or contract work then please see the PK Education website.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.