SEN Teaching AssistantTemporary
Here at PK Education we are recruiting for SEND Teaching Assistants to work in a special school in the Sheffield area. This school requires a number of staff on both a part-time and full time basis, starting ASAP – £68 – £75 per day
To be considered for this SEND Teaching Assistant role you must:
- Have experience working in a similar setting with students that have Special Educational Needs
- Be able to skilfully assist the Teacher with implementing the lesson
- Have experience supporting students with a variety of needs
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one through PK
- You must be able to use your own initiative in an efficient manner
- Be Team Teach trained (desirable)
- Be Moving & Handling trained (desirable)
Children who attend this school are ranged from 5-16 years old and all have Special Educational Needs. This includes Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Mild Learning Difficulties, Asperger’s and other complex needs. You will be working as a SEND Teaching Assistant 1:1 with a student, helping them with their daily learning while also helping them to be as independent as possible. Some of these pupils may be behaviourally challenging, so you will need to be passionate about working with SEND children and be able to quickly build rapport with both the students and other staff members. You will also be required to support the Teacher with the full class and work within small groups of students when needed.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply with your CV ASAP!
PK Education offer all support staff:
- A personal consultant who will work tirelessly to find you the work you want
- Advice / support with your CV and interview
- Excellent refer a friend scheme to earn £150 of vouchers per candidate referred
- A caring and supportive service which will exceed your expectations of supply teaching agencies
What to do if this role isn’t for you?
At PK Education we work with schools to recommend high quality supply staffing solutions. We may have other supply teaching jobs in South Yorkshire that more suit your requirements. Please visit the PK Education website to see what other jobs we currently have available.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.