SEND Teaching AssistantTemporary
Special educational Needs Teaching Assistants required
PK Education are working with special schools across the North of Bradford area who are looking for temporary experienced Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants for September start dates. For the right individual this may become permanent.
For this role you will:
Have at least 6 months experience working with in a special school or similar setting.
Have Level two Teaching Assistant qualification or GNVQ level two Health and social care qualification or equivalent.
Experience with supporting learners with PMLD, SLD, MLD, Downs Syndrome, ASD nonverbal and verbal, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment and global developmental delay
Must be passionate about supporting pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs.
Flexible and adaptable is a must with working in a Special School setting.
Be willing to provide personal care and/or feeding if needed.
Understand the different needs of the pupils with special educational needs.
Team teach, Manual handling, Hoist, PECS or Makaton training would be an advantage, but not essential.
PK Education offer all support staff:
• Fair rates of pay between £65-75 which are fully AWR compliant
• A personal consultant who will work tirelessly to find you the work you want
• Support with CV’s and interview advice.
• Caring and supportive service, which will exceed your expectations of supply teaching agencies
- PK education is committed to safeguarding and we work in line with the Safer Recruitment process. We are also committed to equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants.
What to do if this role isn’t for you?
- PK Education work with schools to recommend high quality staffing solutions in recruitment of teachers and support staff. We have many longer-term supply teaching jobs in Huddersfield, Wakefield, Bradford or Leeds based, or perhaps you would prefer part time, short term or day to day work. If you would like to hear about other Leeds, Bradford or Huddersfield teaching jobs please visit our website and get in touch with our SEN Consultant, Tracey Lynch by emailing or applying using the appropriate link.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.