SEND Teaching AssistantTemporary
FULL-TIME Primary SEND Support Assistant
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Daily Rate: £85 – £95 per day
About You: You are confident and experienced in working with children on both a 1:1 and group basis. You enjoy and have experience working with a range of SEND children.
Primary SEND Support Assistant Job Description:
As a Primary SEND Support Assistant, you’ll play a vital role in providing tailored support and guidance to pupils with a range of SEND. Your compassionate nature, patience, and dedication will help create a supportive learning environment where the student can thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-on-one support to the student with their learning activities, ensuring they have access to the curriculum and educational resources.
- Implementing strategies and interventions to support the student’s individual needs and address any behavioural difficulties they may encounter.
- Collaborating closely with the class teacher, SENCO, and other support staff to develop and implement personalized learning plans and accommodations.
- Encouraging independence and self-confidence in the student while fostering positive relationships and a sense of belonging within the school community.
- Celebrating achievements and progress, no matter how small, to motivate and inspire the student to reach their goals.
Primary SEND Support Assistant Requirements:
- Experience working with children with autism or other special educational needs is desirable but not essential – we welcome candidates with a genuine passion for making a difference.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish trust with students, staff, and parents/carers.
- Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude, with a commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to the changing needs of the student and the school environment.
- A willingness to undergo relevant training and professional development to enhance your skills and knowledge in supporting students with SEND.
Primary SEND Support Assistant Perks and Benefits:
Competitive salary and opportunities for career development and progression within a supportive and collaborative team environment.
A warm and inclusive school community where every member is valued and respected, with a commitment to promoting diversity and equality.
Ongoing training and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise in supporting students with SEND.
The chance to make a meaningful difference in the life of a student and contribute to their educational journey and personal growth.
Supportive leadership and colleagues who are dedicated to ensuring the well-being and success of every student in our school community.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role to email@example.com or call on 0114 272 2212.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.