CALLING ALL TEACHING ASSISTANTS!
Teaching assistants for a special educational needs school in Barnsley required.
Are you passionate about improving outcomes for Pupils with barriers to learning?
Are you looking for full time temporary work?
We are urgently looking for Teaching Assistants who have experience working with young people who have special educational needs. We are working with a school in Barnsley who cater for pupils who have mild to severe learning disabilities. They are looking to expand their base of Teaching Assistants immediately until further notice.
This School will best suit someone who is outgoing, dynamic and a real team player, as this position is hands on the right person would be enthusiastic with a caring nature. Most importantly your passion should be making a difference in children’s lives and wanting to support learners in their educational development. Some of these students may not be able to communicate with you due to their Learning Difficulties, so it would be very beneficial if you have worked within a similar setting and have Moving & Handling training.
- Be a qualified Teaching Assistant or have experience of working in SEND
- Experience desired in ASD, PMLD, MLD or SLD
- Be able to quickly build rapport with both staff, students and parents
- A pro-active and enthusiastic teaching assistant who can bring to the post lots of ideas and a passion for working with SEN children
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – full support will be provided if you do not yet have a DBS.
PK Education are one of the most established teaching agencies, and schools trust us to recommend high quality staffing solutions. We have many long term supply teaching jobs and permanent roles, or perhaps you would prefer part time, short term or day to day work. If you would like to hear about other South Yorkshire teaching jobs, please send your CV.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.