SEND Teaching Assistant – Bury – September 2019
£60 – £75 per day
PK Education are seeking to appoint an SEND Teaching Assistant to start in September 2019. This rewarding position is to work on a 1-2-1 basis supporting a number of students on the SEN register at a secondary school in the Bury area. We are looking for a dedicated and caring individual who can nurture and develop the pupil’s abilities and ensure a positive learning environment is maintained throughout. This role will see the successful applicant working within a very supportive and welcoming team.
Ideal candidates will:
• Have experience supporting students in a mainstream secondary setting
• Have experience working with students with a range of SEND, including ASD and SEMH
• Be an organised, friendly and flexible team player, with good interpersonal skills
• Have the confidence to coordinate small groups of pupils with set tasks
• Have experience working 1-2-1 with pupils
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Be determined to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential
The role will consist of:
• Supporting pupils in the classroom
• Liaising with class teachers about pupil progress
• Working 1:1 and with small groups on intervention programs
Working for PK you will have access to:
• Continual Professional Development courses to refresh and upskill yourself
• A dedicated Consultant, working on your behalf.
• Opportunity to work in a variety of Schools across the region on a long and short-term basis to suit your needs.
• A competitive refer a friend scheme.
• Access to candidate competitions and incentives, which run throughout the year.
If you would like to be considered for this position or similar throughout Bury and surrounding areas please do not hesitate to apply or get in touch via email email@example.com or phone 0161 935 8444
PK education is a well-established Education recruitment agency with an ever-growing client database. We have highly experienced and skilled consultants that can help you find the supply work that suits you. Your peace of mind is paramount to our practice and by using PK Education you can be confident in the knowledge that we are working hard to find you the placement that YOU want. PK education is also committed to equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.