PK Education are currently seeking flexible and enthusiastic Cover Supervisors to join our expanding and successful team immediately.
We’re very busy with Cover Supervisor bookings in the Chesterfield area, and we can keep you as busy as you want, with flexible and ad-hoc days to suit you.
We work closely with Secondary schools across Chesterfield and Derbyshire that need daily, short-term and long-term Cover Supervisors. As a Cover Supervisor you will supervise classes of students in the absence of the teacher. The role includes handing out and collecting pre-prepared work set by the department, as well as supporting students where needed. There will be no planning or marking involved in a Cover Supervisor – the role starts and ends in the classroom!
You will be delivering pre-planned work in the absence of the teacher, to KS3 and KS4 lessons. Throughout your day, you may have to adapt to different subjects and different abilities. We need candidates that are flexible, adaptable and embrace a challenge.
To excel in this role, you should
- Be comfortable in being at the front of the classroom, managing a classroom and ensuring learners stay on task.
- Be able to create a positive learning environment has good and strong classroom management
- Be able to provide support to learners.
- Present work from a lesson plan to the students
- Be looking to gain more experience within a classroom setting
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be confident and enthusiastic with a passion for teaching
- Adaptable, flexible, be able to work at short notice and get to schools quickly, be open to part day bookings
- Be able to manage large groups of students, some of whom may display challenging behaviour
- Be able to work on your own initiative
If you would like to be considered for this Cover Supervisor role, please apply now!
You can also find how to contact us on our website.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.