Learning Support AssistantTemporary
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT (SEND)
Are you looking for work within a school and have some experience with SEND children?
PK Education are working exclusively with a Secondary School in Castleford and we are urgently recruiting a Special Needs Learning Support Assistants to work both full and part time at our partner school on an ongoing basis.
We are looking to appoint 2 Assistants with experience to cover long and short term roles within the Resource Provision of this school. The resource provision has around 30 young people with varying needs. The provision is a specialist ASD provision for young people in the Castleford area.
The role of the Learning Support Assistant is to:
- Support in the class either on a 121 basis or in small group situations
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking their work.
- Follow the direction of the lead teacher in the class
- Deal with any immediate problems.
- Build rapport with students.
The successful applicants will:
- Be qualified to degree level or have school support experience.
- Have experience working with small or large groups of children.
- Some experience of working with ASD students
- Be available at least 3 days a week.
- Be flexible and available at short notice.
PK Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £60-£80 per day
- Short term and long-term vacancies suiting your needs
- Support and feedback from an experienced office team
- Respected relationships with a range of schools across West Yorkshire
- Team Teach training
- An attractive ‘recommend a friend’ scheme, for any referrals that you make to PK Education
- PK Education will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, References and Enhanced DBS
We pride ourselves on intelligently matching our supply and permanent candidates to schools, ensuring that the opportunities stretch and fulfil career ambitions. This is a promise that we have been delivering since 2005, with our simple, honest approach: offering our candidates highly competitive rates of pay with no hassle. We are committed to get it right. First time. Our mission is simple. To Inspire Potential. In our team. In our candidates. In every child.
If you are a primary teacher, secondary teacher, SEN teacher, newly qualified teacher (NQT), cover supervisor or teaching assistant looking for day to day supply work, or contract work then please contact Neil Waddington on 0113 4570081 or email CV directly to email@example.com
PK education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy at all times.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.