Job Description: Maths Teacher
Job Title: Maths Teacher
Location: Yorkshire and the Humber, West Yorkshire, Wakefield
Job Type: Temporary
Expected Work Hours: Full-time
Primary Industry: Education and Training
Salary: £154 – £209 Per day
Start date: Easter 2024
- Delivering engaging and effective mathematics lessons to students
- Creating and implementing lesson plans based on the national curriculum
- Assessing student progress and providing constructive feedback
- Preparing and marking assignments, tests, and exams
- Helping students develop a solid understanding of mathematical concepts
- Monitoring and managing student behaviour in the classroom
- Collaborating with other teachers and staff to enhance the learning experience
- Participating in departmental meetings and professional development activities
- Providing support and guidance to students on academic and personal matters
- Maintaining records of student attendance, grades, and performance
- A recognised teaching qualification in mathematics
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Proven experience in teaching mathematics to secondary school students
- Thorough knowledge of the national curriculum and assessment methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to meet the needs of diverse learners
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or a related field.
At least 2 years of experience teaching mathematics in a secondary school setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth understanding of mathematical principles and concepts
- Familiarity with various teaching strategies and resources
- Proficiency in using technology to enhance mathematics instruction
- Ability to analyse and interpret student data to inform instructional practises
- Strong classroom management skills
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- A postgraduate qualification in Education or Mathematics
- Experience in preparing students for national examinations
- Experience in working with students with special educational needs
The Maths Teacher will primarily work within a secondary school setting, delivering lessons in a classroom environment. The teacher may also be required to attend departmental meetings and participate in professional development activities. The role involves working with students of varying abilities and may require occasional extra-curricular involvement.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.