SEND Drama Teacher required – Birmingham – £600 – £900 per week
As a passionate and committed teacher, can you inspire young minds and foster a love of Drama within your pupils using an engaging teaching style?
PK Education are recruiting a SEND Drama Teacher for a maternity cover role at School located in Birmingham. The role will start in September 2020 and they require an enthusiastic teacher with a positive attitude to teach KS1 – KS5 Drama classes on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a fantastic team in a welcoming environment. You will be fully supported throughout the maternity cover role and you will be provided with a detailed hand-over from the current class teacher. At this school, there are a range of SEND, from ADHD / Autism / MLD to PLD so we are thereofre ideally looking for teachers with specific experience of working within similar SEND schools.
The school require candidates to have extensive knowledge and experience in a similar role and they have a strong leadership team in place supporting improvement at all levels.
Essential for the SEND Drama Teacher role:
• Recognised teaching qualification PGCE or equivalent (QTS).
• Experience teaching KS1 – KS5 within SEND School.
• Good classroom and behaviour management.
• Extensive knowledge of the current curriculum.
• Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• You will be required to do all planning, marking and preparation for the classes you are responsible for as well as attending school meetings and parent’s evening.
• Reference details will be requested prior to registration.
• Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service or a current DBS check under our clearance procedures.
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive rates of pay from between £24,000 to £34,500 per annum (AWR Compliant).
• 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
PK Education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants and shall adhere to such a policy at all times.
If you are interested in this SEND Drama Teacher opportunity or you are looking for other short term or long term SEND teaching jobs in Birmingham and would like to hear more, then please apply directly with your CV or contact your local office for more information.
PK Education is a specialist education agency, recruiting for long term / short term and day to day Birmingham teaching jobs in the West Midlands. We are proudly recognised as one of the leading teaching agencies and we specialise in SEND Teaching jobs / Secondary School Teaching jobs / Newly Qualified Teacher jobs and Cover Supervisor jobs to name just a few.
Apply now for this role!
Please upload your CV to speed up the application process. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your suitability for the role.