PK Education. Your Destination For Inspiration.
Remote learning can be challenging for most young people but especially so for those with learning difficulties. Right now SEND teachers are doing their very best to support children with wide-ranging special educational needs but it’s not easy.
Here are some top tips to support the delivery of your online SEND teaching:
- Start each lesson by providing a recap of previous learning.
- Keep the content simple and engaging with plenty of colour.
- Ensure you are providing regular verbal and visual communication check-ins with students and their parents.
- Keep content highly visual to help stimulate and support concentration levels. Try adding video and music to your lessons.
- Mix things up by introducing plenty of non-screen based activities. Check out the latest ideas from Pobble to help you with this
Here is a useful resource which provides plenty of practical tools to support children with learning difficulties.